Sunday, January 20, 2013

Virginia's Executive Branch

The next foldable for the lapbook is a similar to one for the legislative branch.  This foldable is another windowpane.  This lapbook is for SOL CE.7a.


The left side should be labeled "Virginia's Governor".  The right side should be labeled "Virginia's Lieutenant Governor".

Okay- as a side note.  Every time I teach this I think of Forest Gump and Lieutenant Dan.  I shared that with a group of students a few years ago and they looked at me like I had two heads.  I guess that movie was a bit before their time.  Oh well....


Then, on the "Virginia Governor" side have the students write on the outside flap: "Bob McDonnell (R) can serve only 1 four year term".  Then have them cut and glue his picture to the inside.

Then on the "Lieutenant Governor" side have the students write "Bill Bolling  (R) can serve multiple 4 year terms".  Have students cut and glue Mr. Bolling's picture on the inside.

Have students write their name on the back.

Happy Teaching!
Cori

No comments:

Post a Comment